There is a fascinating article at the New Republic discussing the inanities of the modern employer-employee relationship. However, it omits several critical facts as to why major corporations hold such control over their employees, and none of them have to do with too much freedom and liberty.
- The sheer number of federal regulations on business that smother entrepreneurship and start ups. Big Business loves Big Government.
- The Federal Reserve (as always).
- How business and occupation licensing and minimum wage laws artificially “kill off” jobs they attribute to automation and robots.
- The student loan bubble forces many college graduates to work these jobs in order to pay off loans, reducing their options at the bargaining table.
- Health care regulations that tie your health insurance directly to your job, thus giving your boss an additional bargaining chip to hold over you.