It seems Christopher Cantwell has taken it upon himself to also rewrite songs to fit a political theme. In a recent podcast he’s even contemplating adding a segment “Remind me why I am still a libertarian?”
To be honest I am getting equally frustrated with the situation. But my greatest anger is reserved for those in the liberty movement who either tolerate, ignore, or actually promote the nonsense we hear.
A solution to this problem must be found.
In that spirit, I submit you to another one of my own, though this one isn’t tongue-in-check.
The Battle Hymn of the Dissident
- (Based on the song “Take It Down From the Mast!” Video of the actual song down below).
- You have sought to destroy our nation’s glory
- You have backstabbed our culture of ol’
- And your hands with our heritage are gory
- From fulfilling the work of The Foe
- Take it down from the mast, all you traitors!
- It’s the flag that we true dissidents claim
- Time to rid ourselves of collaborators
- For you’ve brought on us nothing but shame.
- So leave it to libertarians willing
- To defend our rights in war and in peace,
- To the dissidents prepared to do the killing
- If the state’s many tyrannies don’t cease.
- We’ll not be silenced any longer
- The day has come for us to speak up bold
Of how we’ll eradicate the Marxist infection
- And take back all our freedoms that you sold.
- You betrayed your people for Judas silver
- The country our ancestors proudly made our home
- No longer will we sit idly and watch it fall
- So get back as we fight on alone.
- Across the country we’re fighting on for freedom
- For our people who yearn to be free
- While you sell out the land of your forefathers
- And bow at the feet of your masters in D.C.